Friday, February 6, 2009

Happy days are here again!

Whoo Hoo! I went to Jacob's IEP meeting at Cedar Grove to talk to them about what we are going to do with him. They have a great plan. He will start Monday and he could not be happier! He will ride the bus starting Monday, wow! This will allow him to feel independent. It is a special bus with an aid who rides with him and a few other Pre-k kids from his class. He will get to school early so he will eat there. They think this is important because it provides him an extra opportunity to have a learning experience of manners and socialization. I was concerned at first when they said "will he ride a bus, we recommend it" but after they explained it I felt alright with it. No we have to find some shirts for him to wear. They have a uniform and that stuff is hard to find this time of year, but we will get what we can. Please pray for him and the rest of us.

7 comments:

Mamarazzi said...

fantastic!! i know how hard it is to advocate and fight for your child to get the education they are entitled to, especially when they have some special needs! congrats!!!

ps thanks for the tip on that youtube video...HILARIOUS! J has watched it like 4 times. i don't think she gets it that the kid is high on the happy gas from the dentist. she is going to add that one to next weeks picks.

Courtney Thompson Mihalik said...

Yea - I am so excited for Jacob! I hope that he sleeps well and enjoys his first day - I am sure riding the bus will wear off, but if he is anything like Landon he will be all over it (until you actually go to put him on :) Landon has not actually rode a bus, but he ask me all the time. I am so excited for you and Jacob!! GOOD LUCK!! Did you guys make Mardi Gras - with Soccer clinich we didn't make it, oh well....

Carrie said...

That is great Heather! I am so glad he has a school now.

Carrie said...

That is great Heather, I know you are relieved!

Juliece said...

Heather, I know you are so excited. Let me know how his first day went.

Carrie said...

How is everything going?

Carrie said...

how is everything going?