Thursday, October 1, 2009

She's deaf!


OK, so I am a little upset because I toll Julia to the audiologist in February 2009 and when we left the office they said "she is fine no need to follow up." So I arranged for her to be evaluated by the public school service called Child Find to get her in to full time K-3 with the public school and receive speech therapy. She has been in speech therapy for a year and she reached a plateau. So her therapist referred her to Child Find. Jennifer who runs Child find asked for the audiologist report that I said was fine. When I picked up the report to day and it said that she was completely deaf in the right ear and partially deaf in the left ear I was SHOCKED! No wonder she can't talk! She can't hear! So Now I am not sure what to do because I don't trust the Doctor and I can't take her back to the same audiologist. I suppose the next step is to go to an E.N.T. I have always suspected that she couldn't hear because of the way her speech was but then I was told that was not the problem. I am confused and need to know where to go from here!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Finding the problem can only help to lead to an answer. Just knowing what your dealing with has to be a relief in intself. Julia is a gem. And it seems a rare one at that.
God bless you and yours.